The 94th Workshop on General Algebra – AAA94, in conjunction with the 5th Novi Sad Algebraic Conference – NSAC 2017 was held from June 15, 2017 (Thursday) till June 18, 2017 (Sunday).
The workshop was organised by the Department of Mathematics and Informatics (DMI), University of Novi Sad, and the Mathematical Society of Novi Sad. The venue of the lectures was the central building of the UNS (Zorana Đinđića 1 @ the central campus of the UNS).
Plenary invited speakers:
- Manuel Bodirsky (Dresden, Germany)
- Andrei Bulatov (Burnaby, Canada)
- Gábor Czédli (Szeged, Hungary)
- Brian Davey (Melbourne, Australia)
- Miroslav Ploščica (Košice, Slovakia)
- Nikola Ruškuc (St Andrews, UK)
- David Stanovský (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Ágnes Szendrei (Boulder, USA & Szeged, Hungary)
- Mikhail V. Volkov (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
- Dmitriy N. Zhuk (Moscow, Russia)
Miodrag Sokić (Toronto, Canada) was also an invited speaker, but unfortunately, he was forced to cancel his participation.
The program of the conference featured three Special Sessions:
- Clones and relation algebras (dedicated to the 70th birthday of Prof. Reinhard Pöschel)
- Semigroups (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Siniša Crvenković)
- Lattices and ordered structures (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Branimir Šešelja)
and a special panel discussion
“Round table devoted to the recently proposed algebraic solutions of the CSP dichotomy conjecture”.
Apart from this, the contributions covered the following topics:
- Universal algebra and its applications in computer science;
- Classical algebraic structures;
- Interactions of general algebra with logic, topology, and combinatorics.
Scientific Committee: Erhard Aichinger (Linz, Austria), Igor Dolinka (chair; Novi Sad, Serbia), Victoria Gould (York, UK), Keith Kearnes (Boulder, USA), Rozália Sz. Madarász (Novi Sad, Serbia), Petar Marković (Novi Sad, Serbia), Miklós Maróti (Szeged, Hungary), Dragan Mašulović (Novi Sad, Serbia), Reinhard Pöschel (Dresden, Germany), Andreja Tepavčević (Novi Sad, Serbia).
Organising Committee: Maja Pech (co-chair), Nebojša Mudrinski (co-chair), Ivica Bošnjak, Petar Đapić, Vlado Uljarević, Anna Slivková, Samir Zahirović, Ivana Đurđev .
The official language of the conference is English. Notebook computers, video-beams and overhead projectors will be available to the speakers. For electronic presentations, the usual formats (pdf, ps, ppt,…) are supported.