We cordially invite our fellow mathematicians to attend the 94th Workshop on General Algebra – AAA94, in conjunction with the 5th Novi Sad Algebraic Conference – NSAC 2017 . The scientific program of the meeting will start in the morning of June 15, 2017 (Thursday) and end on June 18, 2017 (Sunday) around lunchtime. We expect most of the participants to arrive to Novi Sad on June 14, 2017 (Wednesday).
The workshop is organised by the Department of Mathematics and Informatics (DMI), University of Novi Sad, and the Mathematical Society of Novi Sad. The venue of the lectures will be the central building of the UNS (Zorana Đinđića 1 @ the central campus of the UNS).
Plenary invited speakers:
- Manuel Bodirsky (Dresden, Germany)
- Andrei Bulatov (Burnaby, Canada)
- Gábor Czédli (Szeged, Hungary)
- Brian Davey (Melbourne, Australia)
- Miroslav Ploščica (Košice, Slovakia)
- Nikola Ruškuc (St Andrews, UK)
- Miodrag Sokić (Toronto, Canada)
- David Stanovský (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Ágnes Szendrei (Boulder, USA & Szeged, Hungary)
- Mikhail V. Volkov (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
- Dmitriy N. Zhuk (Moscow, Russia)
The program of the conference will feature three Special Sessions:
- Clones and relation algebras (dedicated to the 70th birthday of Prof. Reinhard Pöschel)
- Semigroups (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Siniša Crvenković)
- Lattices and ordered structures (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Branimir Šešelja)
and a special panel discussion
“Round table devoted to the recently proposed algebraic solutions of the CSP dichotomy conjecture”.
Apart from this, we welcome contributions in the following topics:
- Universal algebra and its applications in computer science;
- Classical algebraic structures;
- Interactions of general algebra with logic, topology, and combinatorics.
Scientific Committee: Erhard Aichinger (Linz, Austria), Igor Dolinka (chair; Novi Sad, Serbia), Victoria Gould (York, UK), Keith Kearnes (Boulder, USA), Rozália Sz. Madarász (Novi Sad, Serbia), Petar Marković (Novi Sad, Serbia), Miklós Maróti (Szeged, Hungary), Dragan Mašulović (Novi Sad, Serbia), Reinhard Pöschel (Dresden, Germany), Andreja Tepavčević (Novi Sad, Serbia).
The official language of the conference is English. Notebook computers, video-beams and overhead projectors will be available to the speakers. For electronic presentations, the usual formats (pdf, ps, ppt,…) are supported.