We cordially invite you to attend the
94th Workshop on General Algebra, in conjunction with the 5th Novi Sad Algebraic Conference
that will be held from June 14 (arrival day) till June 18 (departure day), 2017.
The conference will be organized by the Department of Mathematics
and Informatics, University of Novi Sad, and the Mathematical Society of Novi Sad.
It will feature three Special Sessions:
- Clones and relation algebras (dedicated to the 70th birthday of Prof. Reinhard Pöschel)
- Semigroups (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Siniša Crvenković)
- Lattices and ordered structures (dedicated to the retirement of Prof. Branimir Šešelja)
and a special panel discussion
“Round table devoted to the recently proposed algebraic solutions of the CSP dichotomy conjecture“.
The main topics of AAA94+NSAC 2017 will be
- Universal algebra and its applications in computer science
- Lattices and other ordered structures
- Classical algebraic structures (with emphasis on semigroups
- Interactions of general algebra with logic, topology, and
The scientific program will consist of 50-minute plenary
lectures of the following invited speakers:
- Manuel Bodirsky (Dresden, Germany)
- Gábor Czédli (Szeged, Hungary)
- Brian Davey (Melbourne, Australia)
- Miroslav Ploščica (Košice, Slovakia)
- Nikola Ruškuc (St Andrews, UK)
- Miodrag Sokić (Toronto, Canada)
- David Stanovský (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Ágnes Szendrei (Boulder, USA & Szeged, Hungary)
- Mikhail V. Volkov (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
- Dmitriy N. Zhuk (Moscow, Russia)
as well as a number of 25-minute contributed talks.
The program will begin in the morning of June 15 (Thursday), and it will end on
June 18 (Sunday) around lunchtime.
There will be a Topical Collection in Algebra Universalis dedicated to AAA94+NSAC 2017. More information you can find at the conference website.
If you plan to participate, please register at
If you plan to give a talk, please submit your abstract at
Deadline for both registration and abstract submission is
May 20, 2017.
The conference fee will be 8000 RSD for regular participants and is to be paid in cash on the spot. It covers costs of the conference dinner, coffee breaks and printed materials. The fee for accompanying persons attending the
conference dinner will be 4000 RSD.
Looking forward to seeing you in Novi Sad,
Maja Pech & Nebojša Mudrinski
(co-chairs of the Organizing Committee of AAA94+NSAC 2017)